Thursday, September 15, 2011

emerald isle!

Recently, my BFF Amanda and I took off to her aunt and uncle's beach mansion in Emerald Isle, NC!  I'm really not exaggerating when I use the word, "mansion".  That place has four floors, five bedrooms, a heated pool, and an elevator.  

An ELEVATOR.

It's one of my favorite places in the world.

On our first day there, we headed out to dinner at Rucker Johns and saw this beautiful sunset on the way!


Not happy that I was taking pictures in the car.  At least I used the pretty flash instead of the harsh one!


Delicious margs!  Amanda likes hers with a little extra blue 42 in it.



We also went and saw The Help that night, and it was just amazing!  We both cried several times, and I definitely want to bribe the wardrobe lady for all the clothes they wore.

The next morning, we headed over to downtown Swansboro to eat a late breakfast/early lunch at Yana's, which my DC/NC friend, Alex had recommended!  She said we absolutely had to try the fruit fritters, so I ordered the apple ones, and this is what I got!  Basically fair food.  No one complained.

But it did take me two days to finish it.


After lunch, we walked around the pier and stalked the birds.





Probably my favorite picture of us ever.



Such a Miss North Carolina.


Aaaaaand, this is when she started trying to communicate with the birds.  Being a teacher has taught her to meet them on their level.



We watched a ton of cheesy Lifetime movies and ordered pizza and lounged around on the beach with girly magazines.  It was so perfect.  I want to go back immediately!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails