Friday, October 14, 2011

awkward and awesome friday

My last awkward and awesome post was kind of a big hit with my friends, and since it's been a couple weeks, I thought I'd try it again!  Here we go.



Awkward


1.  Smoke on the tracks at Union Station this morning.  Which meant I had to get off the train (which always makes you look like you don't know where the heck you're going) at Chinatown and walk about twenty minutes to the office.  It's rainy and humid today, so the diameter of my hair is about two inches wider on each side.

2.  The smelly shoes I had all day yesterday.  It's actually been rainy all week, and I should have known that when I wore ballet flats by a company called Sox, they would indeed soak up ever puddle on the sidewalk.  Like socks.  So, my feet were slip-sliding around in them all the way to the office, and then I couldn't even take them off because the rain made them smell worse than a damp dog.

3.  Not knowing any of the Major League Soccer logos at trivia on Tuesday.  Seriously, this was the only one I knew.  Leanna, I needed you.


4.  Standing up on the bus home while trying to read a magazine.  So, you're holding on to the overhead pole with one hand and holding the magazine with the other, and you know if you let go of the pole for one second to turn the page, that's when the bus driver will nail the world's largest pothole, sending you sprawling into the lap of the unsuspecting Army general who works at the Pentagon and also lives in your neighborhood.  (Didn't actually happen, but that's the awkward part, because I ended up doing this weird voodoo trick with my magazine where I turned the page by essentially holding it upside down.  It was all kinds of special needs.)




Awesome


1.  My raise kicks in today!

2.  Maybe not knowing all the MLS logos, but definitely knowing most of the #1 hip-hop albums from the '90s.  And that "Dancing Queen" was ABBA's only #1 hit in the United States.

3.  I'm finally going to clean my room this weekend.  I'm gonna do it, and it's gonna freaking SPARKLE.

4.  Having three photo sessions on the docket!  Can't wait to share those with you guys!


Have an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

Uncle Nate said...

Are any of them my referral?

Uncle Nate said...

Why does it say uncle Nate? It is andrea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails