Friday, October 21, 2011

HANSON!

Y'all.  I never, ever put my blog post titles in all capital letters, but this post just deserves them.  On Wednesday night, I basically fulfilled a childhood dream, screamed my face off, and sealed the deal on a happy death all in two hours.

I GOT TO SEE HANSON!!!

You may not understand, and that's ok.  But my sister, who watched their VHS documentary with me over and over and over again, and my parents, who heard their first album play over and over and over again, will understand.  They were my first real musical crush.  (And now they're all married and have kids, but I just think that makes them more adorable.)

I went to this concert with my friend, Jen, and we just acted twelve years old the whole night, gripping each other's arms and jumping around and singing VERY loudly... you may not have recognized me.

First, we went to dinner at a cute little restaurant in Falls Church called Clare and Don's Beach Shack, and it really felt like we were at the beach!  It was precious.  Our waiter was awful, but we had fun anyway and kind of were more concerned about the concert than what he was doing.


I WANT these knives!  They have fish tails!


The theater!  My, how their venues have shrunk.  But that's ok, because it was easier to see them!


The lines did wrap around the whole building, though.  All people our age.  No Beliebers in sight.



Taylor...


Isaac...


...and Zac!  Zac was always my favorite.  I technically wasn't allowed to take these pictures, which is why they stink and are kind of unfocused.  But I have them!  Thank you, telephoto lens.  Believe it or not, I was in the balcony.





For each show, they feature a different album and then play all the oldies that everyone loves (so yeah, I sang MMMBop at the top of my lungs).




Hands down, it was the best concert I've ever been to.  Not because they were better than any band I've ever seen (though, that may be the case), but because I was just so excited to be there.  I can't believe it took me fourteen years, but I did it!  And for $35.  Yes, please.

Just behold this '90s greatness.  It really doesn't get better.



And their new album is fantastic, too!  Very Big Band-y.  Check it out here!

2 comments:

ellie b said...

ohmygoodness! I was SO excited while reading this post! Obsession does not even begin to describe how I felt about Hanson. I was right there with you, listening to their cd on repeat, wearing out my tape of their documentary/tour, and hoarding any and all teenbops and tigerbeats that had any information about them. sigh :)

Thanks for the great post!!

Kathryn said...

so cool lauren! i have always been a fan of them too. although i'm surprised at the crowd being our age... last time i went to see them was a couple summers ago and there was one color wristband for over 21 and another for under. besides the moms, i was just about the only one over 21.

Related Posts with Thumbnails