Tuesday, October 25, 2011

nc state @ uva

Last Saturday, my family headed to Charlottesville to watch NC State take on U.Va.!  Since my dad is a State alum, we all had on our red (except Mom, who wore "diplomatic" purple.  It really just confused the State fans who thought she was pulling for ECU...).  We had a delicious tailgate and walked over to the band building to see my cousin, Cianne, before she headed to the stadium with the Cavalier Marching Band!


State brought their whole band, too, so things got noisy...




The Rotunda!



To lots of "boos" and maybe a few "I declare!"s from the kids in the student section dressed as Thomas Jefferson (I'm not kidding), here comes NC State!


Cav Man...




We think it's important in the ACC to pretend we like each other for a few seconds prior to each game.  It makes us 0% less likely to flatten each other if the opportunity arises.



Pretty sure State actually blocked this kick!



Dad being a proud alum!


Their halftime show was "Video Games", so this poor tuba player ran all across the field being the little Pong ball.  Hilarious.


Pac Man...


I kid you not, that's Mario.


...and Zelda.  This one I'm not so familiar with.  You're getting into that territory where it was uncool to like video games.



Sister!


Dad's excellent photog skills.


Southern shoes.


Cici after the game!  She was about to go get some free pizza, so I'd have that smile on my face, too.


Much cooler than I was as a band kid, I'm sure.


NC State ended up winning, 28-14!  Don't let that fool you, though... the third quarter was an absolute snoozer, and I would have been happy for ANYONE to do SOMETHING.  Lots of dropped passes and turnovers, but a W is a W, I suppose.

I've been forbidden by my U.Va. friends from going to any more games in Charlottesville, since apparently my presence makes them lose.  I think something else might be at work there.

1 comment:

ellie b said...

ohmygoodness I was there too Lauren! And judging by the vantage point of your pictures, we must have been sitting in the section right next to you (we were two over from the state band).

Can't believe we didn't run into each other like we did at graduation this spring :)

My wahoo hubby was not so pleased with the outcome of the game, but it was kind of a win/win scenario for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails