Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm certified!

No, not certifiably insane.  Though some days, you could make a strong argument.

I'm a certified SAT instructor with the Princeton Review!


They hired me last week, but they would only let me teach on the condition that I successfully passed the training weekend, and I found out yesterday that I did!  I'm not leaving my current job, I'm just doing this part-time for fun.

Apparently, the only thing I have to work on is making sure I let the kids do the work and that I don't just show them how to do it on the board.  A control freak?!?  Who, me?!?

So, unfortunately, this doesn't mean I can tutor your kids on the side.  In fact, I'm legally obligated to point your chill'uns to the Princeton Review if they want to learn from me, so there's that.  But I'll probably be teaching all over DC, so I'm preparing myself for alllll types of kiddos.

Mmmmm, I can smell the dry erase markers now...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails