Wednesday, October 19, 2011

sunday in the country

Every year, the Baltimore country station (I know, Maryland... country?  It's offensive.) hosts a big Sunday in the Country concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion out in Columbia, and they bring in several big country acts to perform basically from 11:30 in the morning to 11:00 at night!  Don't let me glamorize it for you.  It's a bumpkinfest.  But, I grew up with some of those people, and though I am not theirs, they are mine.

My friend, Jen, and her boyfriend, Justin, went with Molly and me, and we had a blast!  We saw Hunter Hayes, Steel Magnolia (minus one magnolia who is in rehab... oopsie), and... AND... The Band Perry.  Molly and I screamed our heads off for them!  Josh Turner was the closer for the night, but we actually didn't stay that late since we live nearly an hour from the venue and it was a school night.

It was a beautiful day, and I even got some sun on my face!  Ahhhh, the last tan of the year.  So long, sweet glow.

Molly thought they would kick her out for being too hipster.  Legitimate concern.  We both probably had on three times more clothing than the average girl there.


Jen and Justin!


Big crowd, even at noon on a Sunday!


My soulmate.


Hunter Hayes!


This is how low-class things got, even in the early afternoon.  Beer stored in a shoe.  Remember those classy wire wine stakes I saw at Wolf Trap?  Unheard of here.


Saw a lot of these... ahhh, culture.


Steel Magnolia!


Molly had the camera for the next few...




Speaking of Molly, she really wanted to be this dude's little lady.


Finally, The Band Perry!!!  We turned into total groupies the second they came on stage.


  
And for your last little bit of culture, I give you The Rebel Apparel Collection.  Making its way to outdoor concerts and state fairs near you.




At least those aren't Mom Jeans.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails