Monday, October 24, 2011

save the date love

I guess it's that season in life when most (and by "most", I mean "all") of my friends are getting married, and I can't lie, even though it's overwhelming at times, I love it more than red velvet and cream cheese.  Which is hard to fathom, really.

But I have some exceptional friends who have not only invited me to their weddings, but asked me to take their engagement pictures!  And not only that, but they have put my reputation on the line by publishing those pictures in the form of widely-distributed save-the-date cards, so I have to be on my A-game.  Fortunately, my friends have Martha Stewart-level taste and have picked out some adorable cards, and I just have to share them with you!

Amy and Scott are getting married in February, and she chose this picture that was taken on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial...


...and Lauren and John are getting married in just a couple weeks!  Their picture is from the Lincoln Memorial.



Both got their save-the-dates from Wedding Paper Divas, and I think they're precious.  Plus, if I had a wedding paper business, I would totally call it that.

And if you're looking to save a little cash on buying envelopes for all your thank you notes (which you must write.  I don't care if you're getting married or having a baby or just going to someone's backyard ice cream fiesta, just write a thank you note.  It's a non-negotiable in life, and guess what?  It makes that person want to invite you back/give you more gifts.  I fail to see the inconvenience here.), you can do like Bob and Clara and just get postcards printed after your super creative photographer (ahem) hands you a couple chalkboard tablets and lets you go to town.


Three cheers for being part of the wedding without being in the wedding party!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails