Tuesday, October 18, 2011

for all you OCDers...

I present to you your new favorite game.

I found this website about a week ago through a happy accident, and above all, it just gives me a warm fuzzy that there are other people out there who care about letter spacing like I do.  I know what you're thinking.  "You've got to be kidding me.  Letter spacing?!?  That's what keeps you up at night?!?"  Maybe.  I'm that girl who doesn't hang a single picture without a trusty tape measure and plenty of tick marks.  In fact, if you took the photos off my wall at home, all the gridding might make you feel like you were in the Matrix.

Anyway, this game, the Kerning Game, tests you on how well you can space independent letters within a word, as if they were part of a newspaper or magazine headline.


Doesn't that just give you the heebee jeebees?  Shudder.  But once you fix it, the game scores you out of 100 to let you know how close to the proper spacing you actually got.  And if you're like me, anything under 95 is going to bug you.


That blue space next to the "i" is the space it actually should be occupying.  Did I mess this one up on purpose just to show you that?  I'll never tell.  

So, click here and see how you do!  And let me know!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails