Wednesday, September 22, 2010

amanda's first bridal shower!

The third reason I went home last weekend was to get to go to Amanda's first bridal shower!  I'm her Maid of Honor, and I couldn't be more excited to go through this amazing period in her life with her.  It's really hard to be this far away as she does all her planning (and deals with all the stress), but she has been so understanding, and I know the whole event will be beautiful.  This particular shower was for both Amanda and Nick (her fiance), and it was hosted by the amazing Mount family.  They grilled burgers for everyone, and they were delicious!  Plus, it was a wonderful time for me to catch up with all the important people in Amanda's life, including many of her church friends.  And, I got to complete one of my first official Maid of Honor duties - writing down the gifts for thank you notes!  (We all know how I feel about thank you notes, so I was happy to do it.)

Jessica, Amanda, and me!  It was soooo good to see Jessica after too much time apart!  And she's engaged now, too!  woo hoo!  (p.s. I know, sweet sunburn.)


The cooler from Melinda (see, I remembered!), which will be excellent for tailgates!


The massive toolkit for all of Amanda's future "Honey-Do" lists!  Nick likes it now, but let's check with him in fifteen months.


Maggie, Amanda, and I on the three month countdown!


BFFs since we were fifteen and still note-passing in class.  Never got in trouble, not once!


Roomies until December!


Amanda, I am so proud of you for how well you have pulled everything together.  I know wedding planning hasn't been easy, but I don't have to tell you it will be so worth it!  You are going to be so gorgeous on your wedding day, and it will be such an honor for me to stand next to you as you and Nick pledge your lives to one another.  (FYI:  I haven't read your vows, so it would be great if you could give me a rough estimate of how many tissues I'll need to stuff down my dress.  Thanks.)  Love you!


4 comments:

Bekah said...

You last sentence made me LOL! I had tissues stashed EVERYWHERE during Casey's wedding...in my dress, around the base of my bouquet, in the flowers...everywhere! HAHA

Bryan said...

Wow, didn't realize they were engaged. They've been dating for quite awhile, no? I remember them dating when Nick was in the drumline, and that was like Soph year...

Lauren said...

Yep! They started dating in April of '07 and got engaged in July of '09!

Miss North Carolina 2008 said...

it is so great to have such a FAB-U-LOUS maid of honor, secretary, and blogger! =)
LOVE YOU,
Amanda

Related Posts with Thumbnails