Monday, September 13, 2010

nationals v. marlins

First of all, happy birthday to my lovely cousin, Cianne!  Love you, sweet girl!

I have officially been to my first Nats game!  I mean, the Nats are pretty terrible, especially since losing Strasburg (their best pitcher), but it was still fun to be at an MLB game for the first time since my family left Atlanta!  (And tickets were $10.  Kinda hard to beat.)  The weather has been absolutely beautiful in DC for the past week, so Molly and I really couldn't have asked for a better Friday night!

Molly driving to the game!  We were stuck in neverending traffic, but Molly is one of my most favorite people with whom to be caught in traffic, because we literally know all the words to every song on the radio.  And we sing them.  Loudly.  Sometimes receiving unwanted attention.


I thought it might rain, but it never did!


Beautiful sky from the second level of Nationals Park.


Molly and her Ben's Chili Bowl cheese fries.  Ben's is a DC institution, so make sure you try it if you ever come to a game!



Presidents' Race!  I love that the Nats' mascots are ten-foot-tall presidents and a bald eagle.  Hilarious!  (You might want to click on this picture to get a better idea of what I'm talking about...)


I love my Molly!


Fireworks after the game, win or lose!  (Which is good, because we lose a lot.)




Definitely no post-season for the Nats this year, but that's ok... it's just fun to have a pro team aside from the Redskins to cheer on!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails