Friday, September 3, 2010

crab feast at work!

On Wednesday, our incredible HR team put together an end-of-summer (even though it'll be ridiculously hot until October) crab feast, and it was so much fun!  I've never had to take apart my own crab before, and once I got past the guts and goop, I liked it!  But make no mistake, I made a HUGE mess.  I was up to my elbows in Old Bay, and I'm pretty sure our office suite is going to smell like a fish market until Jesus returns.  On the bright side, I may have established myself as the office photographer today, and those of you who know me well aren't surprised at all.

Here are Lauren and me before we got really frustrated and messy...



I feel like I should have apologized to my first crab.  He was a filthy hot mess at the end.


Here are two of our HR ladies, Tricia (who I ADORE), and Carmel (who taught Lauren and me how to properly disassemble a crab.  Needless to say, we did much better the second time)!


And here's Max's shirt.  Max is from Maryland and should, in theory, know how to handle crabs.  But I think he lost this time.


Here are Abigail (another UNC grad!), Michele (our Information Director), and Ron (our CFO) trying to figure out their crabs, too.  I think Abigail and I are much better suited for barbecue.


Do you see why I love working here?!?


Happy September!  I'm off to the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff game this weekend in Atlanta, so I'm excited to update you all on that next week!  GO HEELS!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails