Friday, September 10, 2010

top ten on the tenth

I wish my life were exciting enough to have a new adventure to share with you all everyday, but, funny enough, work actually eats up a lot of my time!  Sometimes I need a post that has little to nothing to do with what I've been up to so I can stock up on things to share next week. 

A couple weeks ago, Molly suggested that since I'm such a lyrics police and there are few things I'd rather do than sing and dance in the car, I should try to predict the Top 40 songs every month.  Well, there are two things wrong with that:  1) Half of the current Top 40 will still be there next month, so that's kind of cheating, and 2) Some of the music I like is pretty weird and would never get radio time.  And I want you guys to love what I love, so I just decided that on the tenth of every month, I'll post my top ten favorite songs right now!  I'll admit (somewhat ashamedly), some of the songs I like have to be bleeped out a little on the radio, so I'm going to try to keep it as clean as possible for the internet.  Those of you who know me probably already know which songs those are anyway. ;)  Oh, and you may have to bear with some short commercials if I post the official music video.

So, here is my first Top Ten on the Tenth!  Stay with me all the way to the end, because my favorite is at the bottom.

10.  Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland




9. Come and Get It - Eli Reed  (the Washington Post loved this one, and if you love oldies, you will, too!)




8. Still Your Song - Goo Goo Dolls




7. Be My Thrill - The Weepies




6. Bottoms Up - Trey Songz  (your hip-hop for the month.)




5. Teenage Dream - Katy Perry (I'm posting this video because the real one is not one I really want on my blog...)




4. Mine - Taylor Swift




3. Take It Off - Ke$ha




2. You - Michael Warren




...and #1 is...

Nothing for Granted - Brendan James (he was a Clef Hanger at UNC, and his new album just came out on Tuesday!  Go get it!)




Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

3 of those songs are on my ipod thanks to you :) And two more need to be there soon! I can't stop thinking about coming to DC at the end of the month!!!! Love and miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails