Wednesday, September 8, 2010

chick-fil-a kickoff game: part two

One of the things I love most about Atlanta (there are a lot) is that you have a hard time running out of things to do!  David and I had most of Sunday just to do whatever, and since the last time I climbed Stone Mountain was in elementary school, I thought that would be fun!  Turns out I almost fell flat on my face three or four times, but the view was worth it!

Old Confederate and US flags...


The view from about halfway up...


I love that even though it feels like you're way out in the country, the Atlanta skyline is always there!




I let David off the hook for this picture.  And yes, I realize I've been wearing that shirt in 99% of my blog posts.  I think it's my new favorite!


I love Georgia.


After trekking back down the mountain, we headed back to Charlotte and had dinner at Hawthorne's Pizza.  It was SO good!  Definitely go if you haven't already. 


I can't believe I wasn't already exhausted after dinner, but we decided to go see "The Other Guys," which was hilarious! In case you haven't seen the trailer, here it is...




The next day, we had breakfast at Toast in Davidson, which is an amazing brunch place!  I wish it existed outside the Charlotte area, but that just means I never get tired of it!  After that, we went to Jetton Park, which is a lot more French-sounding than it looks, so we did a lot of French-accent-practicing there, which probably was a lot funnier to us than to the people around us...

Anyway, you actually have to pay $3 to get into this park (your tax dollars hard at work), but it's really pretty, and all the shade felt really good!




It was sad to have to get back on a plane and head home, but football season is just beginning, and I have so much to look forward to! 

I'll leave you with this... the post-it Clara's friend from Ohio left on the UNC plate on top of my dresser.  Not cute!

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails