Tuesday, September 28, 2010

fall shopping!

Let me apologize in advance to all my male readers, because this post is 100% about CLOTHES!!!  Apart from the fact that fall is my favorite season (uh, hello?  Football and apple cider.  What else could you want?), it's also an excellent excuse to makeover your wardrobe!  Both my subscription to Vogue magazine and the fact that Molly is my roommate are merely enablers.  Plus, Molly works a couple nights a week at Ann Taylor Loft, so you better believe we put her 50% discount to good use this weekend.  In fact, I don't think a single thing I bought was full price, even before her discount!  Take a look at what I brought home on Sunday (and Mom, don't worry, my credit card is in one piece)!

These next three tops are all from Ann Taylor Loft, and this first one I actually bought in a dark chartreuse.  It's so comfortable, but I love the whimsical, random gathers.


This top probably makes me look like wall art, but that's ok because it was $14!


I especially love that the color of this top goes with so many cardigans and can easily be worn in any season!


And the rest of these are from Gap, which has been one of my favorite stores as long as I can remember.  Their stuff lasts forever!

This is their boyfriend sweater which is made to fit a little loose.  I'm not really big on the sloppy look, so I just went down a couple sizes and bought one that fit.  But it's 75% cashmere for $11!  Crazy!  (And yes, Dad, I did buy the red one.  I know you're proud.)


This was one of those tops I put on and knew immediately I couldn't live without.  Perfect pink color + ruffles + light, airy, unfussy cotton = yes, please.


I'm not going to lie, I thought this dress would be a disaster.  I normally don't wear dresses with drawstrings, but this one cinches in just the right place, and it's office-appropriate.  Plus, it has ruffles and I have the perfect pair of navy and black heels to wear with it, so I couldn't let it go!


And, last but not least, I bought these two super-soft t-shirts for $15 each!  I will probably live in them, so you've been warned.  Also, I will probably buy all the other colors after payday on Friday.



I can't wait to mix and match all of these!  And, since I had a Groupon for $25 for $50 worth of clothes at Gap, I paid so much less than I would have otherwise!  What are some of your favorite fall trends?


1 comment:

Ellie B said...

I had my own shopping trip to The Loft this weekend, and girlfriend, the deals were OUT OF CONTROL! Love your new tops!

miss you! :-*

Related Posts with Thumbnails