Monday, September 20, 2010

happy birthday, dad!

This weekend was especially fun because I got the chance to help my dad celebrate his birthday (which is actually today)!  Mom made a DELICIOUS chocolate cake, and we had chicken casserole and did present-opening on Sunday after church.  If you know my dad, you know that he loves his family the most, but he loves NC State a LOT.  So, I decided the perfect gift would be getting a picture that was taken of the two of us at an NC State football game last year blown up into an 8 x 10 and framed.  Snapfish did it quickly and inexpensively, and he loved it so much!

Here's the actual picture...


...and here he is with the 8 x 10!


He also blew out some candles...



And even though Dad is a die-hard NC State alum and fan (he reminds my sister and I often that his degree from NC state paid for our UNC educations), he was and is always there to support us in the marching band!


Basically, he's been an amazing, amazing father since I was this big...


...and I'm so thankful for our special relationship!  I love you so much, Dad, and thank you for all the important things you have taught me, like how to check my oil, how to love football like you do, and how to be a hardworking, moral Christ-follower with a big heart!  You are the greatest!

Also, a shout-out to my first dog, Reba, who turns 15 today!  I love you, sweet girl!


1 comment:

Parkison Family said...

happy birthday Bo!!! And Reba!

Related Posts with Thumbnails