Wednesday, September 15, 2010

matt hires concert!

Y'all.  I love, love, love Matt Hires.  If you've never heard his music, you need to go here immediately.  The first time I saw him was at Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill this past spring, and at the time he was just an opening act for Needtobreathe, so he didn't have his backup band or anything.  He was still incredible, and one of my best friends, Danielle, and I even got our picture with him!


Well, it's kind of amazing that only six months later, even with a new job and being in a completely different city, I was able to see Matt again!  Except, this time, it was better because he was the main act and got to play a lot longer than half an hour.  I'm also VERY lucky that Molly and I have nearly identical taste in music, so she was there with me without hesitation!  So, on Monday night, we headed off to Jammin' Java in Vienna (which has delicious food and lots of space... it's basically my new favorite) and had a BLAST! 

The opening act was Michael Grubbs, the lead singer of Wakey!Wakey!  He was AMAZING.


Then Matt came out, and Molly will tell you... I freaked out!





These next two are basically the same as getting a picture with him, right?  Right?



We really did want to get a picture with him at the end, but there were some "blonde amazons" (Molly's words) who were monopolizing his time, so we just left.  But not before getting a picture with the poster for next week's concert...


BRENDAN JAMES!!!  I have never in my life been to more than one concert in two weeks, but I am about to come unglued to see him!  He graduated from UNC a few years before I did, and you may remember him from my Top Ten on the Tenth post last Friday.  I have been listening to his new album non-stop since it came out last Tuesday, and I think I have Molly equally addicted.  To hear all of his new songs, go here.

And if you've really never heard Matt Hires before, here's a little taste of what you're missing (even though it does him no justice).  Seriously, go download his stuff!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails