Thursday, March 31, 2011

matt wertz & ben rector concert

Ohhhh my goodness, I think I could spend all my days at Jammin' Java and it would be totally ok.  I practically do anyway.

On Monday night, Molly and I saw Matt Wertz and Ben Rector!  I think I've gushed about both of them on here before, but as is the case with pretty much everyone we see at Jammin' Java, they were amazing live!

But I am not amazing at taking pictures of us.



Hello, light-up bar.  You are lovely.


Ben Rector came out first!  Funny story about him... one of the girls we randomly met in Times Square on New Year's Eve (who we still keep in touch with) went to the University of Arkansas with Ben!  So, we definitely made sure to talk to him after the concert and name-drop her.  It was much better than, "Ummm... hi, I'm Lauren... you're lovely, please take a picture with me."  Which I also said.



This guy is also named Ben, but he works at Jammin' Java and is one of Molly's crushes-from-a-distance.  He gets to see her sparkly smile sometimes.


When Matt came out, Ben was his keyboardist (is that a word), so we got to enjoy him for the whole concert!  What a nice surprise.


There's Matt!


Ummm, I do have a favorite.  It's probably obvious.






And of course, they sang Free Fallin'.  Who wouldn't?  I promise I'll eventually upload videos... YouTube is just way too slow with the loading!


Here we are Mickey-Mousing it up with Ben!  He was a super nice guy, and Molly may or may not be in love with his gingham and wool cardigan combo.  I just want every guy I know to have his hair.


We also joined Matt Wertz's Mocha Club, which, for the cost of a few mochas a month, is currently helping women in Ethiopia escape a life of prostitution and learn practical, sustaining skills.  It's a fantastic organization with a bunch of contributing artists (including Lady Antebellum!), and we got Matt's new CD for free after joining!  Sounds good to me!  Literally.

If you ever get the chance to see these two in concert, GO!  They're both amazing, Christian guys with beautiful voices and a ridiculous ability to entertain.  And you'll dance your socks off.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails