Tuesday, March 29, 2011

weekend visitors

So, I mentioned last Friday that Amanda came to visit me this past weekend, and we had tons of fun!  Molly's friend from college, John, also came to visit from Hampton, VA, and it was just a blast.  We were silly and stupid and crazy for 48 straight hours.

On Friday night, we went to Il Porto in Old Town Alexandria for dinner, which is one of my faves.  All of their dishes are ridiculously good, and the interior is just adorable!

On Saturday, Amanda and I spent pretty much all day at the outlet mall in Leesburg, and we were super successful!  Banana Republic in particular was having some huge sales, so Amanda hit the jackpot there.  We were definitely ready for dinner at Dukem by the time it rolled around!

On Sunday, the four of us slept in and went to Whitlow's for what I consider to be the best brunch in the city!  We had to wait an hour for a table, but the food is always worth it, and it's where all the beautiful faces go after a tiring Saturday night, so there's no shortage of people to watch and talk about!


My friends are also extra fun to take pictures of.





After brunch, we went on a wild goose chase for some European ice cream bars at Wal-Mart (unsuccessfully), then watched basketball all afternoon!  It would have been a lot better if Carolina had won, but I'll be honest, I'm really glad I can pull for Butler no matter what.  I think if Carolina were playing Butler in the finals, I would be seriously sad for whichever team lost!  But now I can just hope Butler will avenge their heartbreaking loss to The University of New Jersey at Durham last year.

Then, we watched The Hangover and had to say goodbye to John.  :(  I took Amanda back to the airport early the next morning, and that was our weekend!  Super fun and always better when company comes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails