Friday, March 18, 2011

st. patrick's day

What a fun St. Patty's Day!  Most of the people in my office took the whole "wear green" thing very seriously, so we all looked extra festive yesterday!  After work, Megan wanted to go see a free Bollywood dance show at the Kennedy Center, so Amy, Lauren, and I met Molly at the Foggy Bottom metro station and took a free shuttle over to the KC.  We also met Lauren's fiance, John, there.  After waiting in a ridiculously long line that wrapped all the way around the building, we were a few feet away when they told us all the seats were full!  NOOOOOOO!!!


So, we decided just to head to Georgetown for dinner, which I was pretty excited about because the chances that I would get to see some of Thursday night's tournament games skyrocketed about 8000%.


We ended up at Old Glory, which is a fantastic barbecue place on M Street.  They pretty much let you pick whatever kind of barbecue you prefer by putting a bunch of different sauces on the table, so of course I snatched up the Eastern Carolina sauce!  But I also cheated on my roots a little and had some Memphis sauce, too.  I can't help it, Interstate Barbecue outside of Memphis made a lasting impression on me a few years ago.

Plus, Molly and I got to revisit the place we first met last July!


And I had my first green beer!  I was a little afraid of the "green teeth syndrome", but somehow I miraculously escaped!


So, I'd still call that a pretty successful St. Patty's Day!  Happy Friday... I hope your bracket is still intact!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails