Friday, March 4, 2011

young house love

First of all, thank you for all the sweet comments and wall posts and messages about yesterday's post... I'm touched!  Sometimes, I struggle with the snark when I write posts late at night, and sometimes it flows like the Mighty Mississippi.  I got lucky last night.

Anyway, today I want to share with you one of my most recent blog obsessions... Young House Love!  I found this blog through the crazy chain of other blogs I follow, but Molly actually became crazy about it before I did, and then once she kept referencing it over and over when I hadn't made the time to keep up, I got frustrated, I started reading, and I got totally hooked!

Here's the premise.  These two people...


...are Sherry and John Petersik.  And shortly after they got married and moved to Richmond, VA, they bought a house that was twice as old as they were and decided to do some serious renovations on it.  Little did they know, they would become certifiable DIY experts, and the little blog they kept to log the changes they made to the house would end up being their meal ticket.  Since starting their blog, renovating their first house, selling it, and buying another old house to fix up, they have been featured in countless publications, appeared on HGTV, judged a contest on the Nate Berkus Show, and become full-time bloggers.  I kid you not, they make all their money from the popularity of their blog and the advertisements on it.  It's incredible.  And the kicker is that their renovations are always done well and for unbelievably low prices.  They're able to save money in ways I didn't even know were possible.

But what's more incredible is the fact that this is what they can do...









Amazing, right?!?  Do you see why I'm totally in love?  And on top of that, they have one ridiculously cute kid named Clara and a Chihuahua named Burger with a personality eight times his size.



So, if you ever need some inspiration, they update their blog even more often than I do, and there's always a link to it over there on the right under My Favorite Blogs.  Go check them out!

2 comments:

Ellie B said...

omg Lauren! I have recently become totally obsessed with this blog too!! I am SO excited to start working on mine and Dave's new place once we move in together! And can I just say I was totally confused when I first clicked to your feed--I thought I had accidentally clicked over to my younghouselove feed! total RSS confusion!!
Hope you're doing well chica--miss you! :-*

Lauren said...

aaaahhhh Ellie, you might have to start your own blog when you get married so I can see all your decorating! I know you are so excited! miss you, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails