Friday, October 22, 2010

curbside cupcakes

One of the (many) things that are new to me in DC is the presence of food trucks!  They are literally just vans that carry around some of the best food in the city, and they just pick their locations for the day ahead of time and post them on Twitter and Facebook.  So, they don't pay expensive property rent or miss out on entire areas of the city... they just go where they please, park, feed the meter, and the rest of us pray they're near our offices soon!

One of my favorite trucks is Curbside Cupcakes!  In my opinion, these cupcakes are just as good as Georgetown Cupcake, they're just harder to pin down.  Well, today, they were one block from Union Station and my office, and I nearly ran to catch them!  I got two red velvet, two carrot cake, a pumpkin hazlenut and a dulce de leche.  (No, I did not eat all six cupcakes this afternoon.  You have to hoard them while you can.)  None of them disappointed!

If you live in DC, follow them on Facebook or on Twitter @CurbsideCupcake.  If you don't, I think I just gave you a profitable new business idea!




1 comment:

Bryan said...

I need to stop reading your blog at work. I'm now hungry for a cupcake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails