Monday, October 11, 2010

top ten on the tenth

I know, I know it's the eleventh.  But in order to really give myself a break, I don't update on the weekends.  But I'm seriously, seriously in love with all the songs I posted this month, so I hope you love them, too!  I know some of you probably can't watch videos at work, but come back when you're home... I don't think you'll be disappointed!

10. And the Birds Sing - Tyrone Wells (if you're sick/tired/it's raining/your bank account is empty/you stepped in dog poo/the world is actually ending, just play this song.  Not even kidding.)



9. Just a Dream - Nelly (your hip-hop for the month.)



8. Light Outside - Wakey!Wakey!  (This song reminds me of how my dad used to tell me to keep playing violin because it was used in popular music more often than I thought.  I didn't, but he was right!)



7. Telephone - Glee Version (y'all know I love Lady Gaga, but Charice and Lea Michele are SO GOOD in this version!  Plus, I almost fell out of my chair when Sue walked in at the end.)



6. E.T. - Katy Perry (music video's not out on this one, but I see a So You Think You Can Dance hip-hop routine in its future!)



5. Oh My Sweet Carolina - Zac Brown Band (this is a brilliant cover of a Ryan Adams song, and it's on their most recent album. I don't have to tell you why I love it.)  :)



4. White Blank Page - Mumford & Sons (if you haven't heard of Mumford & Sons yet, go stand in the corner until I tell you to come out.  :)  You may have heard this on Grey's Anatomy, but if you love bluegrass, give it about a minute to build up and you're bound to fall in love.)



3. Solsbury Hill - Ingram Hill  (this song was, obviously, originally recorded by Peter Gabriel, but Ingram Hill is my favorite band of all time, and their cover is just perfection, even if this video isn't.  If you have iTunes, check out their new album here!



2. The Lucky Ones - Brendan James (y'all, his concert was INCREDIBLE.  Check out my post on it here!  This song is featured in the trailer for the new movie, How Do You Know?, with Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, and Paul Rudd.  So amazing!)



1. Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars (just downloaded this song yesterday, and I'm already in love with it!  Just try not to dance.  I double dog dare you.)



Until November... happy downloading!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I really like all of the music you sent me, but every time I LOVED a song and checked the iPod to see what it was, it was Ingram Hill! New favsies?? I think so!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails