Wednesday, October 6, 2010

pumpkin pancakes!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my old roommate, Ellie!  Miss you, sweet girl!

One of my favorite things in the WORLD is getting an email from Molly in the middle of an otherwise normal workday.  It just makes everything happier!  We usually end up deciding in the course of these emails what we want to make for dinner, and y'all, yesterday I was seriously craving some pumpkin pancakes.  I had my first ones of the season at Flying Biscuit in Atlanta after the UNC/LSU game (but they have locations in Raleigh and Charlotte, too, so go immediately!), and I'm officially addicted.  And it was like magic when I told Molly that's what I wanted, because she told me she had been craving the EXACT same thing!  We are just meant to be roommates.  God is so good.

So, I knew since Martha Stewart hasn't let me down yet, she would have a recipe for pumpkin pancakes.  And I was right!  Hers were definitely made with white flour, though, and since Molly and I are both in love with whole wheat pancakes, we changed things up a little. (Sorry, Martha!  Please forgive!)  We wanted to make about 16 pancakes, so we used...

- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
- 2 cups organic milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can organic pumpkin
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to taste


MAN DOWN!!!



This is seriously what our stove looked like.  So much efficiency, it blows my mind.


At one point, Molly even ordered us tickets to Jonsi (one of her faves) at the 9:30 Club while flipping pancakes.  Skill, ladies and gentlemen.


It's okay if you're drooling.  I already miss them.


SO DELICIOUS!  We really couldn't believe how amazing they turned out (and we also found that they go really well with a cozy blanket and a new episode of Glee).  Try them immediately!

4 comments:

Ellie B said...

Thanks so much Miss Lauren! I miss you so much! Please come up to NYC soon!!!

and omg, I need those pumpkin pancakes like, stat!

:-*

Bo and Liz said...

Pumpkin and pancakes ... what inspiration!!! I love all the organic ingredients!!!! You girls make me happy!!!!

Ellie B said...

Oh, and also, this post reminds me of The Great Ehringhaus Sausage Casserole Catastrophe of '05. Not that I'm saying these pancakes looked like they smelled up an entire building, but rather they remind me of all the action shots we snapped while cooking (namely the famous frying pan to beccabaker's head)!

love you!

Lauren said...

HAHAHA, I actually laughed out loud when I read that! Oh, how unprepared we were to make that casserole. I still cringe when I remember how salty it was! Those pictures are classic, though. I still go through them every once in a while!

love you, too!
(and you, too, Mom!) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails