Thursday, October 28, 2010

it's getting festive around here...

I think I would sink into a deep hole of depression if I let a single Halloween go by without carving a pumpkin... so, this Halloween, I carved FIVE!  I loved every minute of it.  I know some people are grossed out by the "guts" of the pumpkin, but I think it's downright therapeutic to stick your hands in there and scoop out all the slimy pumpkin seeds.  I could do it all day.  Plus, my dad is the BEST and didn't let me leave home without a fully stocked toolbox complete with carving tools.

I got all five pumpkins at Trader Joe's, but they weren't all the same size... I had a very specific plan.  I think I just have to show you pictures.  Keep in mind that our address is 2740 and my roommates' names are Molly, Clara, and Stacey.




Times New Roman.  That's really all there is to it!  I just typed all the letters and numbers into a Word document as a reference and drew them on the pumpkins.  I love how they look all lit up!  Bring on the trick-or-treaters!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

Fabulous my dear!!! I have 300 pieces of candy this year. I don't plan to run out like last year!!! I hope you have great candy for your little spooks. After that climb up to your apartment they deserve something grand!

Related Posts with Thumbnails