Monday, October 18, 2010

unc v. u.va.: part one

This weekend was SO FUN!  My youngest cousin, Cianne, just started her first year at U.Va. in Charlottesville, and my sister, Leanna, is a senior at UNC.  Both are in their marching bands, so since the game was in Charlottesville this year, my mom, dad, aunt, uncle, and cousin all came up for it!  It was so fun to get to see Leanna and Cianne both in their uniforms in the same place, and it was a little sweeter because UNC won its first game in Charlottesville since 1981!

Here's the whole family at our tailgate!


Then, we headed over to Cianne's band practice...


One thing's for sure... this band DANCES!


Walking around grounds... here's the Rotunda!


Thomas Jefferson in front of his Rotunda.


The Lawn... where the best and the brightest fourth years live and where my older cousin, Sam, graduated!


Rotunda from the Lawn.


Family walking across the Lawn.


George Washington...


And TJ again...


The Amphitheatre...


Then this miracle happened!  JUST as we got over to Observatory Hill to see Cianne warm up, Leanna and the UNC band walked by!  It was so good to see all of my old friends and get this priceless picture!


Cianne's clarinets in warm up.


Such a cutie!


Another section warming up.  Isn't U.Va. just beautiful?


My parents and me!


Here comes CiCi!


There she is!


Gorgeous Scott Stadium... we were so blessed with a beautiful day!


Aunt Susan insisted on this picture...

Ready to cheer on the Heels (even though the Wolfpack had already lost and Dad had to hide his distress).


Watching warm-ups from our seats.


LOVE MY SISTER!!!!!


I loved getting to see some old friends who aren't such young'uns anymore!  My favorite was Omar's scream when he saw me... priceless!


It reminded me of some oldies but goodies like these...







Good times!

Come back tomorrow for more pictures from the actual game!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails