Tuesday, October 5, 2010

taste of bethesda!

Last week, one of my friends at work suggested that I try out Taste of Bethesda on Saturday, which is basically a big street festival where you can buy a set of tickets and trade them in for "tastes" of food from what seemed like hundreds of Bethesda restaurants.  I thought it would at least make for a fun lunch, so I grabbed my friend, Katie, and we had a BLAST!  Katie and I actually went to high school together but didn't know each other back then.  We just happen to have a bunch of mutual friends from home who told us we each had just moved here, so we met for the first time over lunch last week and it's like I've known her forever! 


Still working on forgiving Katie for calling these guys Civil War soldiers... and still not sure why they were there.


Katie and her ginormous hot dog...


Notice Katie is now double-fisting a hot dog and a cupcake... she said she "didn't want there to be any down time between lunch and dessert."  I think I laughed for a solid five minutes!


Katie just graduated from NC State, so since the Carolina game wasn't on tv, we went back to my house and cheered on the Wolfpack!  Too bad they came up a little short, but my Heels dominated! 

I love Saturdays.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails