Friday, October 15, 2010

p.s. i made this.

Molly and I have a new favorite book!  Well, that may not be entirely fair to say, because Molly devours books and probably has a million favorites, but this one is definitely my new favorite!  It's called P.S. I made this (hello, my life motto), and it just happened to be featured last week on Martha Stewart's Craft of the Day, which, of course, lands in my inbox daily.  The craft from this book that passed Martha's discerning filter was this awesome and completely unexpected bouncy ball necklace, which is not as ugly as it sounds!


It's made with black hosiery and basic bouncy balls, all stuff that you can find at the dollar store!  Anyway, Molly and I got the craft itch Wednesday night and decided to venture out and grab supplies to make some.  Bouncy balls are actually kind of hard to find these days because of the choking hazard (lame, my generation survived), but fortunately, the Dollar Tree already had their Christmas decorations out!  So...


...we grabbed these and just yanked the tops off of each one.  It worked beautifully!  Once we grabbed the hose, the whole process took no more than thirty minutes.  We just cut the waist off the hose, cut the toe off, then knotted one end, dropped each ball in and followed it with more knots until we were happy!  And this is what we got!




So cute!  To visit the P.S. I made this blog, click here, and to buy the book, click here!  It's the weekend, get crafting!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Don't be surprised when I start making these!!

Molly said...

Lover. Did the girls at work drool...

I love you one million crafty books. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails