Monday, October 4, 2010

happy october!


Don't you just love October?  The leaves start to change, the air begins to feel crisp, you have every reason to bake pretty much any pie ever invented, and you can run through a pumpkin patch like you're five again.  It's just magic.

One of my favorite photographers from Raleigh, Nancy Ray, blogs her monthly goals on the first day of each month, and I figured a little goal-setting of my own couldn't hurt!  I know I already missed the first, but a Monday is its own kind of first, so here are my goals for beautiful, enchanting October.

- Run at least three times a week.  I have such a cute, runner-friendly neighborhood that this one should be easy!
- Take pictures of the leaves changing near all the monuments.
- Throw Amanda the world's most fabulous bridal shower!
- Learn the ins & outs of Adobe Illustrator.
- Participate in the office Halloween costume contest (that'll be bloggable for sure!)
- Get my Groupon manicure with Molly!
- Buy curtains for my room.  Finally!
- Switch some of the picture frames in my room to ones that match better.
- Save at least 20% of each paycheck for my "rainy day fund".
- Carve a pumpkin (or two) of course!

I'll let you know how I did in November!  And if you blog your monthly goals (or just want to write them out), leave a comment with your list or a link to your blog! 

(And yes, that is my dog in a pumpkin costume up there.  I love it enough for the both of us.)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails