Tuesday, October 12, 2010

(more) new accessories!

Ok, so my first new accessory isn't really an accessory, but it IS a big deal!  Our office is in the middle of an October pedometer challenge, and we're all supposed to walk 10,000+ steps a day, which is about five miles!  It's harder than you think when you're not making the effort!  So, each week, once we reach 70,000 steps, we're supposed to check in, and whoever ends up with the most steps at the end of the month gets some sweet prizes.  I haven't quite been meeting my daily quota, but I'm trying!  I might need to run a few more laps around my neighborhood before Friday (or just shake the pedometer relentlessly until I get to 70,000.  Either/or).


Our HR Recruiter (and one of my favorite people ever), Tricia, is also holding a lunchtime walk around the Capitol Hill area on Thursday, so she asked me to put together a flyer for her.  That is soooooo my department!  Given that I can't download new fonts on my work computer and I had strict instructions not to offend anyone (i.e. the morbidly obese), what I came up with was a little sub-par by my own standards.  But, thanks to a sweet Google Street View shot of our office and my sweet MS Paint cut and paste skillz, we're in business!


Ok, I am SUPER EXCITED about this next thing.  Two of my good friends from college are in Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, and they, like pretty much all the fraternities and sororities, are printing up their own sunglasses a la the fake neon wayfarers you wore when you were five.  Anyway, one of them was nice enough to grab me a pair, and I LOVE them!




I will wear them always.  And definitely to the game this weekend.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails