Monday, August 22, 2011

annapolis!

A while back, I made my very first trip to Annapolis!  I'll be the first to admit Maryland is not my favorite state (in fact, it might be in my bottom five), but you can't argue that Annapolis is beautiful.  The downtown area is so charming, and I L-O-V-E-D the Naval Academy.  One of my good friends from high school went there, and I always thought it was the coolest thing.  So, enjoy these pictures of (as Molly calls it) Nap-town!

First stop was the "beach" near the Bay Bridge... which may have had the coarsest sand since Cocoa Beach.


Probably the scariest bridge in the world.  People actually make money shuttling people across it who are too scared to drive it.





These kids were having too much fun!




Dahlgren Hall...





How cute are these houses?  The Commanders live in them, and they just look so picturesque to me.



So, if you're ever in the area and you need a break from DC, I highly recommend it!  The people are super preppy and all of the restaurants are fabulous.  Plus, if you want to marry your daughter off to a Midshipman, they're not in short supply.  ;)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Annapolis looks amazing! Thank you for sharing your adventures! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures ... especially the seagulls. Bless it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails