Monday, August 1, 2011

lauren & john's engagement pictures: part one

So, I guess now I've done engagement pictures for three couples (with another on the way) in addition to a family session, and I have to tell you, it's all because of this couple you're about to meet!

As I've mentioned, Lauren and I started on the same day at work a year ago (yes, that still confuses people, and yes, we get each other's emails), and we became VERY fast friends!  In fact, most of the girls we're closest to didn't come along until later last fall, so we had each other, and from day one, Lauren talked to me about John like he hung the moon.

And let's be honest, he probably did.  John doesn't know it, but the girls and I are always talking about what a perfect guy he is for Lauren.  He's brilliant, outgoing, loyal, and most of all, he loves her so, so much.  In fact, Megan and I started to get choked up in the car on Saturday night just thinking about their wedding!  And Lauren is the perfect complement to John.  Where he's calm and laid back most of the time, Lauren keeps things interesting with her latest story or sleep pattern or, lately, with wedding details!  (But we love her for it.)

The week Lauren told me John was taking her to Virginia wine country for the weekend, I knew he was proposing.  She gave me the usual, "No, no, we go out of town all the time, and he's acting totally normal," but I knew.  And when she called that following Sunday to tell me they were engaged, she replied to my "I told you so!" with the biggest compliment of all when she asked me to take their engagement photos.  Since then, they've set off a chain of similar requests from other people, and I couldn't be more thrilled to finally show you the pictures that started it all!  Meet Lauren and John!

We started out with an early morning on the Mall!










John and Lauren are both from Texas and both A&M alums, so they're headed back to Dallas for their wedding!











I made them run quite a bit!





Gig 'em, Aggies!












Come back tomorrow for part two (and a lot more of that ampersand, haha)!

2 comments:

Amy said...

These are simply breathtaking pictures. I am so happy for Lauren and John!!

Andrea said...

Love the sperries. They did much better than Nate and I. I like the wash monument shot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails