Thursday, August 4, 2011

we're in the playoffs!

Last night, my work softball team officially made it to the playoffs!  We had to play a team from the Kennedy Center who we've played about three times already, two of them scrimmages.  We had won the only game that counted, but they had won the two scrimmages, so we were out for a little bit of blood.  In order to make it to the playoffs, we didn't need to win, we just needed to maintain a higher run differential, so we couldn't lose to them by more than nine runs.  Unfortunately, they did end up beating us, but only by four!  So, next weekend, we'll be playing a pretty challenging team, but I'm just proud of us for even making it.

And I don't know what it was last night, but I was not Pleasant Patsy.  Blame it on my mother and her competitive genes, but I REALLY wanted to win.  And I found this stream of profanity playing in my head every time I was up to bat, because I did NOT want to go down swinging.  I did hit a couple between the infield and outfield and was able to knock a runner in, so I'm proud of that!

We'll see what happens next weekend, but I'm already itching to sign up for the fall season!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

always swing for the fence. that's my philosophy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails