Monday, August 8, 2011

national air & space museum

What a fun weekend!!!  Tomorrow is my birthday, so my family drove up from Raleigh to spend Saturday and Sunday with me, and we had a blast!  We did some touristy things that I don't get to do very often, so I just enjoyed being an "out-of-towner" again... except knowing my way around a little bit better.  Plus, they brought presents!  Including some super comfy Vineyard Vines pajama bottoms that I might live in (sorry, Molls).

On Saturday, we visited the National Air & Space Museum, which I hadn't been to since 2004, and it was just as much fun the second time around!  The rain made it pretty crowded in there, but still, the history behind the types of things you get to see is breathtaking.

Leanna was actually born on the 20th anniversary of the first moon landing, so we had to get her picture in front of the command module.  Even though you can't really see it.


Creepy Soviet rockets hanging out on the right...


Mock-up of the first lunar module!


The Space Shuttle room...


This plane was a baller.



And then I did a flight simulator where I tried to land on an aircraft carrier.  Let's just say my second crew made it, but my first one was swimmin' with the fishies.


Comforting.



Let's hope so.



That night, we went to dinner at Il Porto in Old Town Alexandria, and my family LOVED it.  And I'd definitely recommend it... it's not too fancy, just a little pricey, but very, very good.  I'll show you what we did on Sunday tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails