Friday, August 26, 2011

irene schmirene


Dear Irene,

What are you?  Are you Category 2?  Are you Category 3?  Are you a little bit flaky maybe?  Doesn't matter, I think you're all talk.  I remember your grandpa, Hurricane Earl, about twelve years ago.  He was a category 3 also, and he blew in like a baby lamb's first breath.  I even got to go home early from middle school that day, and for what?  A heavy shower?!? No no, you don't scare me.  All that bottled water people are fighting over like it's the next Tickle Me Elmo?  I hope they enjoy drinking it on the tennis court next week.

If you want to be a Category 4, we'll talk.  But I don't do lazy.

(Happy Birthday, Rachel and Katie!!!  Love you both SO MUCH!)

2 comments:

Bekah said...

This made me LOL!!!

Us Florida/Georgia girls laugh in your face, Irene!

In related news, I wonder how much money we could make on "I Survived the 2011 Hurriquakeageddon" shirts, hats, mugs, key chains, snuggies, oven mitts, koozies, limited edition set of commemorative china plates, etc..

Bo and Liz said...

I knew it would be a one! All the media just makes a hurricane wimpy. If they don't talk about it ... look out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails