Thursday, August 25, 2011

top eight

I've actually been putting off posting my favorite songs this month because I've had other things to talk about / Embedding all those videos is actually more of a chore than you would think, but I just can't put it off any longer... we need a jam sesh.

So, without further ado, my top eight for this month!  I would post ten, but the other two would be from the same artists, so really, you should just look up the ones you like.  Be adventurous.

8. I Got You - Leona Lewis (I couldn't bring myself to post the big ball of cheese that is the actual music video, so I'm posting the dance from SYTYCD that got me hooked on the song in the first place.)



7. Wonderland - Natalia Kills (How is this girl not on the radio yet? Warning: this video is super weird and a little creeps. And actually, her song, "Zombie", is even better, but it's older.)



6. Room @ the End of the World - Matt Nathanson (Heading to his concert in a month! SO excited!)



5. Tailgate Blues - Luke Bryan (His teeth could not get any whiter.)



4. Helena Beat - Foster the People (Their song, "Pumped Up Kicks", is really popular right now, but I actually prefer this one! And I heard their actual video was really creepy, so you get this fun geometric shape thing.)



3. Drive All Night - Needtobreathe (Their new album is going to be BEAUTIFUL. I'm already hooked on all the songs they've released so far.)



2. Slumber - Needtobreathe (Like I said. Already hooked.)



1. Long Way Home - Michael Warren (This guy isn't super famous, but I find his songs ridiculously catchy and just country enough. Check him out on iTunes for the more polished version.)



Happy listening! (On another note, I definitely felt an aftershock as I was writing this, and for reasons I still haven't figured out, I cried a little. Maybe I'm just tired, but I think I just realized how freaky that was for everyone who actually felt it yesterday.  Apparently it was a 4.5 this time...)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails