Wednesday, August 10, 2011

cray cray birthday

Wow.  Is about all I can say about this birthday!  My friends and family and coworkers went so above and beyond yesterday, and I felt so very, very loved!  They all went completely out of their way, and I couldn't be more grateful!  (I mean, I can't even rent a car yet.  But you would think 24 was the biggest milestone since double digits.)

As I was getting ready yesterday morning, Molly knocked on my door (ok, she pounded and scared the daylights out of me, but it was in a loving way) and had this in her hands!


Isn't that amazing?!?  She worked on it all Monday evening and demanded that I stay out of the kitchen.  Of course we didn't eat it for breakfast, but she also arrived with some pretty sweet gifts that you'll see in a minute!

When I got to work, this is what I saw...



Sebia and Amy had completely decorated my cubicle about ten minutes before I got there!  And Sebia made sure the balloons were Carolina blue and white.  How sweet is that?



Here are a few (but not all) of the cards I got yesterday, too!  They just kept flooding in... I'm telling you, I have some generous people in my life!


For lunch, Amy organized a girls' outing to Armand's Chicago Pizzeria on Capitol Hill, and it was SO GOOD!  I wish our tables hadn't been split up, but just the fact that we had such a big group was so flattering.


And THEN.  Sarah brought me a spice cake she had made the night before!  She said it was her family's tradition and that she always had it as her birthday cake, so I just thought it was so adorable that she made me one!  She brought it over a couple hours after lunch, and it was incredible!  I had to send an email around the office to come get people to help me eat it, and I think they're all ready to hire Sarah as their personal baker.



I love her!


And then Molly, who even had a super busy day at work, basically planned a girls' dinner with Megan, Amy, and Lauren at Pasta Mia without me even knowing until a couple hours beforehand, haha!  One of her friends told her the restaurant was amazing, and he was absolutely right.  Plus, the portions are enormous, and you can easily live off it for a few days!


When I got home, my friend, A.J., called and sang happy birthday to me, and then Molly and I dug into that cake!




It was delicious!!!  Molly thought it was ridiculous-looking, but I loved every bite (and, for the record, think it is amazing-looking).

And here are some of the adorable gifts my friends gave me... they know me super well.

Megan got me Justin Bieber nail polish, haha!  Megan and I share a hilarious, ridiculous, and tragic love for the Biebs that really is inappropriate for our age.  But we will continue to stalk him.  I offered to share the nail polish with my coworker, Peter, but he said he already had all the colors.


Molly got me these super cute earrings that I will probably be obsessed with and wear often.  I mean, how much better does it get than pearls and bows TOGETHER?!?


And Lauren got me these earrings, which are just lovely!  I always need more danglies!


And THESE.  Oh my goodness, Molly gave me two pairs of Sophie Theallet for Nine West ballet flats!  She didn't even know how much I loved Sophie, but homegirl won the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award a few years ago, and I just think she's a creative genius.  I might wear these a whole lot real soon.


My family got me these super cute Vineyard Vines pajama bottoms with sailboats and whales and turtles and starfish and dolphins.  I might live in them on the weekends.


And they got me this presh fall sweater, too, which I think will go with anything!


And I can always count on Lauren for a new headband... she's amazing at picking the ones that match anything and that I'll wear constantly!


And my new roommate, Erika, gave me this super delicious-smelling candle that I'm going to have to try real hard not to burn down in a week.  Plus, she gave me a gift certificate to Cakelove in Shirlington, so the cake party will carry on!


Words are completely inadequate for how special I felt yesterday.  This is only my second birthday away from my home and my family, and it's just such an amazing feeling to have your friends celebrate you with so much love (and decorations and cake)!  Thank you all SO MUCH for making it a day I'll never forget... I promise to always return the favor, because you all mean the world to me!

1 comment:

Bo and Liz said...

Wow! What wonderful friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails