Thursday, August 18, 2011

happy birthday to my blog!

Y'all.  My blog is one year old today!  I don't think you understand.  I've never kept up with something this consistently IN MY LIFE.  Well, except my job.  I pretty much do that everyday, too.  This is my 253rd post, and I'll tell you what, I never would have written this many without all the love and support you guys show me everyday.  I get so many comments from friends and coworkers who just want to chat about something I wrote or a picture I posted that it really makes me feel like I'm putting a little bit of happy out there in the world everyday.  And that's really what it's all about for me.  Plus, I wanted this blog to be a detailed journal of my life since moving to Washington, DC, since I know there will be things I'll forget later down the road.  And I already know I'm right, because I'll go back and read posts from last August and September that I hardly remember writing!  How special is that?!

And a LOT has happened this year!  If you feel inclined to go back and read all my old posts, I probably owe you a steak dinner and a few Groupons for laser hair removal.  But instead, how about I just push-cart you down memory lane myself?  Here's my year in twelve pictures!

Last August, I visited the Republican National Committee headquarters for the first time, thanks to my old roommate, Clara, who worked there until December!


In September, I went to my very first concert at Jammin' Java, which has, without a doubt, become one of my favorite places.


In October, Molly and I dressed up for Halloween and waited patiently for our ONE trick-or-treater.  We were Lady Gaga and a housewife.  Obviously.


In November,  Molly, Lauren, John, and I saw Paula Deen at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show!  She's even funnier in person.


In December, I joined the party planning committee at work (yes, for real), and we hosted an office decorating contest!  This was the Finance area, which clearly won.


On New Year's Eve, I was in Times Square!!!  If you go see the New Year's Eve movie coming out this winter, you'll see some shots of NYC that they filmed while I was there!


In February, I went to my very first NBA game with Molly and Katie!  It was Wizards v. Pacers, and I was definitely pulling for the Pacers and my boyfriend, Tyler Hansbrough.  They won.


In March, Clara got engaged!


In April, I shot my very first engagement pictures with my good friends, Lauren and John, who are getting married in November!  I couldn't have been more pleased with how they turned out.


In May, my girlfriends and I went to see Something Borrowed and came home with this picture in front of the Bridesmaids ad.  I will keep this forever and ever.  And I ended up seeing Bridesmaids three times.


In June, Grant and I went to the big summer party at Bloomberg Government!  We schmoozed and gaped at the extraordinarily beautiful office.


In July, the girls and I visited Rehoboth Beach for the first time!  It was super, super fun and I told Megan we need to go back soon.com/thismonth.


So, that was my year in pictures!  Thank you all so, so, so much for being loyal readers.  Look how often you've visited over the past year!


Amazing.  I am so blessed.

And if you're a Carolina grad (or even if you're not), I'm leaving you with a super special prezzie today... the alma mater, sung by Steve McQuaid and Pablo Vega of the Clef Hangers!  It's probably the most beautiful version I've ever heard.


Here's to another year of fun posts and lots more pictures!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday, Lauren's blog!! You make my world better AND brighter!!

Much love to you!

Bekah said...

Happy birthday, blog! I love reading you every morning and your lack of bloggyness is the only thing I hate about the weekend.

Lots of Love,
Bekah

Related Posts with Thumbnails